As you may or may not know, this Friday or sometime early next week, the City of Inglewood will issue an official notice that mandates ALL City employees to be vaccinated by September 07, 2021 or begin to face disciplinary actions that would ultimately lead to termination of employment. There are currently over 350 City employees who are not vaccinated, and have been subjected to weekly testing.
Here is what you need to know.
- OUR UNIONS are not working for us, they want to FORCE everyone to take the vaccine. THEY MET ON WEDNESDAY AUGUST 25, 2021 WITH JOSE CORTES AND IMMEDIATELY ROLLED OVER AND OFFERED NO PUSH BACK ON THE IDEA OF FORCING EMPLOYEES TO VACCINATE INSTEAD OF CONTINUING THE OPTION OF WEEKLY TESTING.
- The Vaccine Mandate is being enforced by the provision in each union’s Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that indicates they have the right to do what they are doing in order to protect the wellbeing of staff and the community at large.
- There are currently NO STRIKE clauses in all of the existing MOU’s which means, if we wanted to form a collective show of resistance and invite the media to come out and hear our concerns, we would be violating our MOU and would be asked to disband our unlawful protest. This helps silence our collective voice as employees.
- This vaccine mandate has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with public health, this is strictly about FORCED COMPLIANCE and is political virtue signaling, something all governing agencies need to do, to look good in the eyes of the public (PR).
- To disallow employees the right to continue weekly testing is ethically wrong. If the City no longer wants to absorb the burden of the cost, they can simply pass the expense on to the employees and disallow us to return to work (on our own time) until the requirement is fulfilled. That is a fair and equitable offer. What they are saying to us is that, it is no longer important to be COVID NEGATIVE, which the VAST MAJORITY of unvaccinated employees are, but it is now more important to be VACCINATED, by a pharmaceutical product that just came on the market in December that is continuing to show declines in effectiveness as the pandemic progresses.
- Because we understand this policy decision to be ethically reprehensible, there may also be a WAY AROUND IT. Now, this may only buy time, but that can be time you need to make your decision with sound judgement, and or make arrangements for what the next step should be for yourself and your families (if applicable). So, how do we get around it?
- Although the FDA has officially granted license to the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, it has also acknowledged the LEGAL DIFFERENCE between the licensed COVID-19 Vaccine which will now be marketed as COMIRNATY, versus the current vaccine in distribution, Pfizer-BioNTech COVID vaccine. It is critical to understand that these are 2 SEPARATE PRODUCTS, with the latter being licensed only for Emergency Use Authorization.
- The Comirnaty product is in limited supply as it is STILL BEING MANUFACTURED. Therefore, if we are mandated to take an FDA approved vaccine, WE MUST TAKE COMIRNATY, not the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID vaccine, Moderna, or J&J vaccines. You will be SURRENDERING YOUR RIGHTS IF YOU TAKE ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE FDA (COMIRNATY). THIS MAY BE THE LOOPHOLE THAT BUYS EVERYONE TIME.
- EUA products are experimental under U.S. law. Both the Nuremberg Code and federal regulations provide that no one can force a human being to participate in this experiment. Under 21 U.S. Code Sec.360bbb-3(e)(1)(A)(ii)(III), “authorization for medical products for use in emergencies,” it is unlawful to deny someone a job or an education because they refuse to be an experimental subject. Instead, potential recipients have an absolute right to refuse EUA vaccines. U.S. laws, however, permit employers and schools to require students and workers to take licensed vaccines. THE Pfizer-BioNTech COVID vaccine IS NOT THE LICENSED FDA APPROVED VACCINE, THEREFORE THE CITY CANNOT MANDATE EMPLOYEES TAKE ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT HAS BEEN MANDATED. THAT WOULD BE THE COMIRNATY VACCINE WHICH WILL BE LABELED AND SAY COMIRNATY ON THE PACKAGING.
- Here is a strategy, when you make your appointments to get vaccinated, BE SURE TO ASK THE NURSE OR EMERGENCY RESPONSE STAKEHOLDER DISTRIBUTING THE PRODUCT TO TELL YOU WHAT YOU ARE RECEIVING. IF IT IS NOT COMIRNATY, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE IT, BECAUSE IT IS NOT THE FDA APPROVED VACCINE. POLITELY REQUEST THE COMIRNATY PRODUCT ON RECORD ( USING VIDEO OR AUDIO) AND RECORD THE RESPONSE FROM THE EMERGENCY RESPONSE STAKEHOLDER SO THEY CAN TELL YOU FOR THE RECORD, THEY DO NOT HAVE THE PRODUCT YOU ARE REQUESTING.
- DELIVER THE RECORDED EVIDENCE TO CITY OF INGLEWOOD HUMAN RESOURCES, AND INDICATE THAT THE FDA LICENSED PRODUCT (COMIRNATY) IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE, THEREBY BUYING YOU TIME FROM SURRENDERING YOUR RIGHTS TO TAKE A UNLICENSED VACCINE.
Please be mindful, the City of Inglewood Human Resources Department, who is headed by Jose Cortes and Mayor James T. Butts, may try to fight you hard on this legality issue, because that’s exactly what it is. However, they think that just because the media announced the FDA APPROVED THE PFIZER VACCINE, that it means the (2) products (COMIRNATY and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID vaccine) are the same, and they legally are not. Pfizer plans to disperse what’s left of it’s inventory AND THEN begin delivering the licensed product to the public. You may have to fight, you may lose, but you will at least have recourse in the event that you need to defend yourself in court against the violation of your rights to refuse an experimental vaccine under both the Nuremberg Code and federal regulations provide that no one can force a human being to participate in this experiment.
This message is not legal counsel whatsoever, it is a way to spark dialogue and real conversations around why 350 employees feel so strongly opposed to taking this vaccine. Some of us have even recovered from COVID and have natural immunity. Why is our right to refuse being taken away? Science has confirmed that natural immunity works just as well as Vaccine Antibodies in preventing severe illness and death, the very thing that the vaccine is known to do! There are a lot of unanswered questions swirling around and employees need a way to communicate with one another without the interference of Department Heads and Managers diminishing our collective voices with intimidation and the threat of disciplinary action. This is the first step in building that communication channel. Please share this email with any employees who need to be in the loop on what is taking place and what the potential courses of action can be. It’s unfortunately looking like the only thing employees can do is buy time.
We have created a PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP, for us to continue this discussion. It is wise that you delete this email after sharing it to trusted colleagues and join the Facebook group so that everyone can have an opportunity to share information and formulate potential strategy… I understand some of us may not want to join for issues of privacy and job safety, or just for fear that someone will eventually snitch and tell HR and we don’t want anyone to feel forced to do anything. So in the attachment you will see that we have enabled the ability to post anonymously that way we can respect everyone’s privacy. If anyone wants to be a moderator to help filter out folks who may work against the effectiveness of the group, please email me. Here is the link to the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/inglewoodemployees
If you are asking who I am, just know, I work on the 8th floor, and am somewhere between Ken Campos and Leonca Cahee in rank. I go by the name of Asar Moor.
I hope and pray that everyone finds this information useful, and that we are at least able to buy ourselves some time. We will be publishing more important information in the group pertaining to Religious and Medical Exemption and hopefully we can get someone from a law firm to do a live Q&A to explain courses of action. Again, share with any employee who does not support this vaccine mandate and wants to join this conversation.
PS. I am not anti-vaccine. I am against any person or agency telling us we don’t have the right to refuse putting this vaccine in our bodies to keep our livelihoods.
Mayor Butts has since emailed city employees regarding this anonymous email citing the need for public employees to challenge mandated vaccinations. Mayor cites his childhood memories of not being allowed to go to school unless it was proven he had the required vaccinations.