Assemblywoman Autumn R. Burke (D-Inglewood) invites members of the media to attend and cover the first legislative hearing of the Select Committee on Career Technical Education and Building a 21st Century Workforce.
The select committee was formed to focus on enhancing California’s career technical education programs and the essential role that education plays in the future of California’s growing economy.
Members will question the following panelists:
Business, Labor, and Workforce Panel
- Gary Johnson, Vice President – ACE Clearwater
- Chris Hannan, Council Representative – Los Angeles/Orange Counties Building and Construction Trades Council
- Jan Vogel, Executive Director – South Bay Workforce Investment Board
- Russell Weikle, Director of Career and College Transition Division – California Department of Education
- Laurie St. Gean, Ed.D, Superintendent – Southern California Regional Occupational Center
- Gregory O’Brien, Ph.D., Superintendent – Centinela Valley Union High School District
- Laurie Pianka, Executive Director of Education Services – SIATech
The hearing will also include public comment and take place at
Lawndale City Council Chambers, 14717 Burin Avenue, Lawndale, CA 90260, on Wednesday, November 4, 2015 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
RSVP is not required but appreciated.
Assemblywoman Autumn R. Burke represents the 62nd Assembly District, which consists of the cities of Inglewood, Hawthorne, Lawndale, El Segundo, and Gardena as well as the Los Angeles neighborhoods of Westchester, Playa del Rey, Playa Vista, Venice, and parts of Del Rey. Additionally, the 62nd Assembly District includes the unincorporated Los Angeles County communities of Del Aire, West Athens, Lennox, Westmont, and Marina del Rey.