LA County Metro will begin red light enforcement at intersections along the Crenshaw/LAX rail line route. Metro has installed cameras at the at-grade train crossings along Crenshaw Bl between 59th and 48th St. and activated the Photo Enforcement Program Friday, October 1, 2021.
The enforcement program is aimed at mitigating potential train versus vehicle collisions and improving vehicular and pedestrian safety along Crenshaw Bl during train testing and when the new Metro rail line begins operations.
Motorists who violate the left-hand turn traffic signal between October 1, 2021, and January 2, 2022 (warning period), will receive a warning letter from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department notifying them that their vehicle was captured violating the red-light at a rail crossing.
After the warning period ends on January 2, 2022, motorists who disobey traffic signals and operate vehicles in an illegal manner will begin receiving traffic citations in the mail for violations at the intersections listed below. Citations include a base fine of $100 plus penalties and assessments.
The photo enforcement program is designated to detect motorist who make illegal left hand turns at the following intersections along Crenshaw Bl.
- Southbound Crenshaw to 48th St East
- Southbound Crenshaw to 52nd St East
- Northbound Crenshaw to 52nd St West
- Southbound Crenshaw to 54th St East
- Northbound Crenshaw to 54th St West
- Northbound Crenshaw to 57th St West
- Southbound Crenshaw to Slauson East
- Northbound Crenshaw to Slauson West
- Southbound Crenshaw to 59th St East
- Northbound Crenshaw to 59th St West
The program is aimed to reduce the number of collisions involving metro rail cars and motorists.