LOS ANGELES, CA – Assemblymember Autumn Burke announced a huge fundraising haul today, announcing she had pulled in roughly $240,000 in the last period of 2015, and over $420,000 for the year.
“Assemblymember Burke’s fundraising numbers are a signal of the breadth and depth of the support behind her re-election,” said Maclen Zilber, a consultant to Burke’s re-election campaign. “She is taking nothing for granted, and will run a robust campaign to every corner of the district.Burke additionally announced the endorsement of State Senator and former Assembly Speaker Bob Hertzberg. Burke now has the endorsements of four current and former State Assembly Speakers.
Since announcing her campaign for re-election, Assemblymember Burke has already accrued a formidable roster of community leaders and organizations supporting her:
- Congresswoman Janice Hahn
- State Board of Equalization Chairman Jerome Horton
- State Senator Isadore Hall
- State Senator Holly Mitchell
- State Senator Ben Allen
- State Senator Bob Hertzberg
- State Assembly Speaker Toni Atkins
- State Assembly Speaker-Elect Anthony Rendon
- State Assemblymember Mike Gipson
- State Assemblymember Reggie Jones-Sawyer, Chair, California Legislative Black Caucus
- Los Angeles City Council President Herb Wesson
- Los Angeles City Councilmember Mike Bonin
- Inglewood Mayor James T. Butts
- Inglewood City Councilmember Alex Padilla
- Inglewood City Councilmember George Dotson
- Inglewood City Councilmember Eloy Morales jr.
- Inglewood City Councilmember Ralph Franklin
- Los Angeles County Democratic Party Chair & California Democratic Party Vice Chair, Eric Bauman
- Lawndale Mayor Robert Pullen-Miles
- National Women’s Political Caucus (NWPC) Los Angeles Westside Caucus
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades District Council 36
- Teamsters Joint Council 42
- Californians Allied for Patient Protection
- Professional Engineers in California Government
- Los Angeles Police Protective League
- United Teachers of Los Angeles
Autumn Burke was elected in 2014 with 76% of the vote. She serves on the Assembly Rules Committee, Utilities and Commerce Committee, Accountability and Administrative Review Committee, Housing and Community Development Committee, and Health Committee, and Chairs the Select Committee on Career Technical Education and Building a 21st Century Workforce. Burke is a member of the California Commission for Economic Development. The 62nd Assembly District includes portions of the Cities of Los Angeles, Inglewood, El Segundo, Gardena, Hawthorne, and Lawndale. It additionally includes the unincorporated communities of Marina del Rey, Lennox, West Athens, Del Aire, Centinela, Alondra Park.