By: Steven Sharp | Urbanize LA
A half-year after we last flew by, the future home of the Los Angeles Clippers continues to take shape in Inglewood.
Work is now underway on the rooftop canopy and glass exterior of Intuit Dome, the $1.2-billion arena now taking shape at the southeast corner of Prairie Avenue and Century Boulevard. The 18,000-seat arena, the centerpiece of a larger 28-acre development, is named as part of a 23-year naming rights agreement with TurboTax and Credit Karma maker Intuit, Inc. Other components of the project include:
- an 85,000-square-foot practice and athletic training facility;
- 71,000 square feet of office space for the Clippers organization;
- a 25,000-square-foot sports medicine clinic;
- 63,000 square feet of ancillary retail;
- a public plaza featuring a large LED screen, a concert stage, and basketball courts;
- a 150-room hotel; and
- parking for 4,125 vehicles.
Read the full article here.