Hispanic and Latin American Heritage Month is nearly here, and there are plenty of culinary delights across Disney parks for you to try as you join in on the exciting festivities. From Sept. 15 to Oct. 15, both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort have tasty treats highlighting the flavors of the Hispanic and Latin American cultures. From limited-time offerings to menu items you can enjoy all year long, there are plenty of mouthwatering dishes to enjoy!
Cooking within Hispanic and Latin cultures is typically a whole family affair, with food featured center stage in many of the traditions that go back generations. Disney Parks has taken inspiration from these traditions this month and throughout the entire year with multiple eats and sips that light up your palete.
From the delicious Passionfruit Guava Tres Leches at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort – Riverside and French Quarter to the tasty dishes from the Plaza de La Familia festivities at Paradise Garden Grill at Disney California Adventure park, your tastebuds will be taken on a journey into the cuisine of this culture and leave you wanting more of these delicious dishes.
Let’s take a look at what you can indulge in this Hispanic and Latin American Heritage Month in this edition of our Foodie Guide!
Rancho del Zócalo (Availability ongoing)
- Fire-Grilled Half Chicken marinated with chili citrus
- Red Chile Enchilada Platter: Three cheese enchiladas topped with red chile sauce served with Mexican rice and refried beans
- Trio of Street Tacos: Beef, chicken, and cauliflower served in corn tortillas with tomatillo sauce garnished with onions and cilantro and served with Mexican rice and refried beans
- Burrito Sonora Beef or Chicken with refried beans, rice, and cheese wrapped in flour tortilla topped with a traditional guajillo sauce and served with Mexican rice
- Cauliflower Tacos with cabbage slaw and tomatillo sauce served with Mexican rice and refried beans
- Tostada Salad Beef or Chicken: Presented in a crispy tortilla shell with Mexican rice, refried beans, chopped lettuce, cilantro-lime vinaigrette, sour cream, guacamole, and pico de gallo topped with cheese
- Mexican Chicken Caesar Salad: Grilled chicken, lettuce, house-made Caesar dressing, pepitas, and cotija cheese
Frontierland Pretzel and Churro Carts, Ship to Shore Marketplace, and Rancho Del Zócalo Restaurante
Disney California Adventure Park
Plaza de la Familia at Paradise Garden Grill (Available through Nov. 2)
- Street-style Tacos: Trio of sirloin beef tacos with pickled vegetables, Spanish rice, and pinto beans (New)
- Traditional Tamale Plate: Green chile chicken tamales with Spanish rice, and pinto beans (New)
- Carnitas Burrito: Pork carnitas, Spanish rice, pinto beans, and salsa verde served with house-made tortilla chips (New)
- Chorizo Quesadilla: Poblano, onions, and mozzarella topped with cilantro crema and served with salsa roja and escabeche (New) (Plant-based)
- Elote: Roasted corn on the cob topped with crema, cotija, chili powder, and chicharrones crumble (New)
- Coco Cake: Layers of vanilla cake filled with cinnamon mousse and iced with cream cheese frosting (New)
- Watermelon Candy Cocktail: Tequila, watermelon schnapps, and pineapple juice with a chamoy and chile-lime seasoned rim (New)
- Coco Sipper (New)
- Coco’s Dante Straw Clip (New)