The South Bay Cities Council of Governments and the CivicSpark AmeriCorps program are seeking emerging professionals who want to gain real-world experience, launch a social purpose career, and make a lasting impact in communities!
There are fellowship openings for Climate Action projects.
The Fellow will engage with key stakeholders and help agencies access achievement compared to the 2020 greenhouse gas targets as well as quantify strategies completed in progress and ongoing. The Fellow will also assess greenhouse gas reduction potential at the city level as a result of implementing the SBCCOG initiatives and programs.
Under the guidance of SBCCOG staff the Fellow will:
- assist in the update of greenhouse gas emissions inventories
- review current program resources and agency reports
- establish a process for assessing and reporting city and subregional achievements
- access data from ICLEI ClearPath
- recommend enhancements to city and subregional strategies
- document and present findings, use GIS tools when appropriate
- facilitate and attend meetings with agencies, document activities and outcomes
- promote achievement through social media, newsletter articles, factsheets, and other media
- coordinate with volunteers to assist with assessment and promotion.