LOS ANGELES – Another shooting was recorded in Hollywood hours after the areas councilman called for the creation of a department that would provide unarmed response to certain crimes.
Councilman Mitch O’Farrell continues to contradict himself when earlier this month he transferred over $200,000 from his office funds to LAPD to increase patrols in his district, which includes the world famous Hollywood Walk of Fame, then reversed course asking for unarmed responders.
“With a dedicated office to consistently track successes, coordinate and identify funding for these programs, the city will be able to advance long- term, streamlined efforts in unarmed crisis response,” O’Farrell’s office stated.
O’Farrell’s office has stopped short of stating the increased patrols aren’t working considering his district is recording multiple shootings each month.
A man was in the hospital Thursday after being shot by two assailants in Hollywood.
Officers responded at 12:59 a.m. to Selma and Wilcox avenues where they found a man in his 20s suffering from gunshot wounds.
Witnesses told police two men approached the victim as he was walking and demanded his property. The victim resisted and as he began struggling with one of the suspects the other shot him multiple times, Hernandez said.
The suspects ran away and the victim was taken to a hospital.
The shooting is under investigation.
City News Service contributed to this report.