The city of Inglewood Planning Commission invites you to speak on possibly modifying the current ordinance on marijuana. Currently the city only allows medicinal marijuana to be dispensed at either the local hospital and/or a hospice. The Public Hearing will take place on Wednesday, August 3rd at 7:00 p.m. in Council Chambers on the 9th Floor in City Hall.
The Planning Commission is seeking to modify the code to:
- change the terminology from “marijuana” to “cannabis” to match State regulations;
- maintain existing exemption for hospital/hospices;
- allow indoor cultivation of cannabis for personal use as authorized by the State;
- prohibits ALL commercial activity w/ cannabis production, cultivation, transporting and dispensing; and
- changes the terminology from “marijuana” to “cannabis”.