According to the LA Times and Inglewood Mayor James Butts, five Inglewood Police officers are no longer working for the department. The announcement marked the end of an internal probe of the Feb. 21, 2016, slayings of Marquintan Sandlin and Kisha Michael.
“The officers involved in the incident are no longer members of the Inglewood Police Department,” Butts said in his statement. “The department’s report and any discipline that results from the report are confidential.”
Although Butts did not name the officers, they were previously identified by the city, which initially refused, after a public records request. The five officers involved in the shooting were identified as Michael Jaen, Richard Parcella, Jason Cantrell, Sean Reidy and Andrew Cohen.
All five held the rank of police officer, and four had been with the Inglewood Police Department for two years or less. One had been with the department for five years, according to the mayor’s spokesperson
“Finally, finally. Some kind of justice for them,” said Trisha Michael, the twin sister of Kisha Michael. “To hear that these officers are off these streets verifies everything that I’ve been feeling and everything I’ve been standing up for.”
Read the full article on LATimes.com.