Assemblymember Autumn R. Burke 1st Year Highlights
It was only a year ago when I was sworn in to represent the 62nd Assembly District in the California State Assembly. It may be hard to believe, but it is already re-election time and I am truly counting on your support to continue serving our community.
It has been an incredible year for our District and State. Some of my legislative and District services accomplishments include:
- I secured $900 million for a three year competitive grant program for high quality career technical education partnerships with businesses and the community. The program will allocate $400 million in 2015-2016 to small, medium and large partnerships.
- We worked successfully with the state and local stakeholders to begin the process of turning around the Inglewood Unified School District. Just last month, I was pleased to see a new Superintendent being sworn in to help continue to work we are doing on behalf of our students.
- We stood up for reproductive rights by introducing the Reproductive Fact Act (AB 775) a bill that helps ensure women receive prompt access to affordable, comprehensive reproductive-health care and are empowered to make fully informed decisions.
- We helped secure over $1 million dollars in tax credits to a South Bay business that will mean 55 new full time jobs in the District.
- I held a hearing on Career Technical Education to encourage constituents to look at how we are training California’s 21stCentury workforce.
- We authored and supported bills that would improve the lives of seniors, veterans, workers, parents, students and children. You can find a full list of my Legislation at: http://asmdc.org/members/a62/legislation/2015-2016.
It has been a great and rewarding year, but there is still much work to be done.
I need your support before the December 31st filing deadline to begin my re-election efforts so that I can continue to represent you and advance your priorities.
Thank you again for your support!
Assemblymember Autumn Burke